How do I remove spyware and malware from my computer?
AdSpeed is an advertising service provider for online websites. Most of our clients are website owners who place ad banners on their own websites. It means you would see ads served by AdSpeed if you visit one of our client's websites. We do not
make, sell, offer, or distribute any application that requires installation on your computer. Our service is only available online via a web browser.
If you suspect or experience some unusual behaviors with your computer, you should run a comprehensive security scan to make sure your computer is not infected. We have seen reports that some malicious spyware applications can replace regular ads on websites with their own ads. Also there are certain browser's add-ons and plugins that act as a partial ad blocker. The original ads are replaced with other contents (images, widgets, apps, or their own ads). Some of these plugins include: OverApps, Add-Art, PWS Toolbar.
Policy against Malware and Deceptive Advertising
We strongly believe there is a clear line between ethical and unethical advertising. If one of our clients uses AdSpeed to deliver ads in a spyware/adware application, that clearly violates our Terms of Service
. We are strongly against all spyware and adware practices. We do our best to prevent these companies from using our service in the first place and we take every action promptly to protect your privacy and our own reputation.
Please report these activities
to us. If you send us the URL where you see any spyware ads served by AdSpeed, screen captures or any other details that can help us identify the violator, we will take proper actions promptly and personally update you with results.
Spyware Check and Removal
We suggest the following sites and applications to check and remove spyware:
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Comodo Internet Security
- TrendMicro Online Virus/Spyware Scanner
- Symantec Security Check
- Spybot Search & Destroy
- Ad-Aware Personal
It is very important to prevent spyware/adware from infecting your computer
- Install the latest software updates for your operating system: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X
- Update your anti-virus software and run a comprehensive scan regularly
- Install a personal firewall on all computers
- When seeing a Yes/No or any dialog box, read them carefully before proceeding. Many misleading ads are designed to be deceptive on purpose. You can also terminate the browser's running process using Task Manager or Force Quit
- Do not download software and email attachments that you don't know
- Routinely check and scan your computer for spyware, adware and other computer viruses
Other Articles in Technical
Solve technical issues while working within the ad server
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
You guys are awesome! I'm going to start running tests once I got my default banners and if I get new questions, I will let you know. Thanks for all your information!
Nacion de Accion
Excellent and thanks again for your superb customer service!