Alternative Image/Media URL
An alternative image/media URL is used for Flash/SWF ads
. This image serves as a backup in case the SWF ad cannot be displayed or loaded for several reasons:
- The browser does not have a working Flash player. The Flash player is disabled or is not installed.
- The browser has an older Flash player version than the required version by the Flash ad.
- The SWF file is missing.
- The file/web server does not return a properly format SWF file.
- A non-secure URL is used from within a secure ad request.
- Mobile devices that do not support Flash will also fall back to this backup image. This include iOS devices like iPhones and iPads.
You can control the styling and look of this alternative image using CSS. The CSS class for alternative image is "AdSpeedAltImg".
If you leave this setting empty, a default error message will be displayed instead. To avoid this error, make sure you specify a backup image for the SWF/Flash ad, your browser has the latest Flash plugin and the SWF file loads properly. You can check for the installed Flash version.
Other Articles in Banner, Richmedia, and Text Ads
Media formats, ad sizes, type Richmedia, Normal/External, textlink
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- Ad Specifications
"Ad specifications (or ad specs) are requirements for an ad. Each website is unique and therefore, ad specifications can be ..."
- Third-Party Pixel URL
"For any image or Flash ad, you can set a third-party pixel URL for impression tracking on a third-party ad ..."
- How do I troubleshoot "Permission denied" error for a Flash ad?
"If you are serving a Flash/SWF ad and get this error in the browser: Permission denied for <http://g.adspeed.net> to get ..."
- Image URL
"The web address for the ad image (GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP file) or Flash ad (SWF file). For example: http://www.adspeed.com/img/as/as_logo3.gif ..."
Thank you so much for the fantastic service you provide :-)
I have been looking for someone to explain these pricing models in a way that I can understand and benefit from. A great place to start before making the deal. Very well explained. Thank you!