Alternative Image/Media URL
An alternative/backup image or HTML5 URL is used for Flash/SWF ads
. This field accepts an image URL or a HTML URL. This is served as the backup content in case the Flash/SWF ad cannot be displayed or loaded for several reasons:
- The browser does not have a working Flash player. The Flash player is disabled or is not installed
- The browser has an older Flash player version than the required version by the Flash ad
- The SWF file is missing or the URL returns a 404 error page
- The file/web server does not return a properly format SWF file
- A non-secure URL is used from within a secure ad request
- Mobile devices that do not support Flash will also fall back to this backup media. This include iOS devices like iPhones and iPads. You can convert a SWF ad to a HTML5 ad in order to display on these devices
You can control the styling, look and responsiveness of this alternative creative using CSS. The CSS class name for the alternative image is "AdSpeedAltImg" and for the HTML5's Iframe is "AdSpeedAltFrame".
If you leave this setting empty, a default error message will be displayed when the Flash/SWF cannot be displayed. To avoid this error, make sure you specify a backup image/HTML for the SWF/Flash ad, your browser has the latest Flash plugin
and the SWF file loads properly. You can check for the installed Flash version
Other Articles in Banner, Richmedia, and Text Ads
Media formats, ad sizes, type Richmedia, Normal/External, textlink
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
I would like to pass on to you that your service department is fantastic. You are so responsive!!! Thank you.
That is fantastic customer service, I'm very pleased. Thank you and please pass on my thanks to your engineers.