Floating Ad or Layer AdFloating ad (also called layer ad or overlay ad) is a special type of ad that flows/slides into the main page using animation. You can set a delay before the ad begins sliding into the page. You can also set the ad position on the main page. The user can click on a Close button to make it disappear.
Ad ManagementYou can group multiple floating ads into a zone and get the zone's serving code to rotate floating ads. To avoid displaying the default error banner when there is no available floating ad in the zone, check the box to hide all errors when generating the serving code.
DemoPlease view the floating ad demo for a sample sliding/floating ad.
CustomizationTo customize the sample ad to your own ad:
- Change the content of the ad container
- If it's a Flash/SWF ad, apply the close button code
- Modify the positioning and animation variables: AdSpeed_TopMargin, AdSpeed_LeftMargin, and AdSpeed_SlideTime
Create a floating ad
- Click on the menu Ads/Create a new ad and choose the ad type to be Rich-Media/HTML
- Paste the ad code from the demo page into the box
- Customize the ad content to your own ad. It could be a text link, a form, a Flash banner, or a standard image
Floating Ad with Vertical ScrollingAnother visual effect of a floating ad is to follow the scroll bar. When you scroll down, the ad moves down. When you scroll up, the ad moves up. Thus, it's always visible to the visitor. Typically, it's the sidebar ad (120x600, 160x600) on long pages. To create this ad, please use AdSpeed Rich-Media wizard interface built into your account.
Advanced OptionsYou can limit the floating ad to display once per day or a number of times per week with Time Capping and Frequency Capping
Other Articles in Ad Gallery
This section provides demo, sample and instructions for the most common and popular ad creative templates. Click on a template link to view the description, demo and instructions to create in the ad server, customize it to suite your purpose and integrate the ad with your platform.
- Catfish Ad
- Expandable Ad or Rollover Flash ad
- Expandable Image Ad
- HTML5 Adobe Animate Ad
- HTML5 Animate Ad
- HTML5 Video Ad
- Image Slideshow
- jQuery Popup Ad
- Mobile In-App Interstitial Ad with MRAID
- Mobile Interstitial Ad
- Multi-Click Image Ad
- Peeling Ad
- QuickTime and Windows Media Video Ad
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- jQuery Popup Ad
"This is an ad template for a popup ad (also called a lightbox ad or an overlay ad). The user ..."in Ad Gallery
- Ad Gallery - Skin Background Ad
"A skin ad (also called a background ad, a site takeover ad, or a bookend ad) appears in the background ..."
- Catfish Ad
"A catfish ad appears (slides in or fades in) as a horizontal area at the bottom of a page. The ..."in Ad Gallery
- Rich-Media Ads
"Rich-Media ad format provides the most flexible option to create your ad. Rich-Media ads can serve advanced features through HTML, ..."