Time CappingThis is a special case of Frequency Capping when you don't want a visitor to see the same ad again for a period of time.
Example - Limited ExposureA premium ad does not show to the same visitor within 24 hours. This means if the visitor already see this ad once, he/she won't see it again for at least 24 hours. This can also increase available ad inventory for other ads.
Example - Sequential Ad DisplayIf you have multiple ads in a zone and want them to rotate from one to the next, you can apply a time-capping setting on each of the member ads. For example: if you have 10 ads in a zone and the serving code is set to auto-refresh every 1 minute. You can set a 10-minute time-cap for each of the ad. This will make sure a full round is displayed and an ad will not display again until all other ads have done so.
Other Articles in Ad Targeting using Restrictions
Learn about ad targeting and restrictions ad serving such as frequency capping, geo-targeting, quota, roadblock, flight date, etc.
- Ad Budget and Ad Rates
- Audience Session Targeting
- Companion & Competitive Positioning
- Frequency Capping
- Geolocation API
- Maximum/Target Quotas
- Proactive Targeting and Passive Restriction
- Restriction Status Notification
- Restrictions for an ad, zone, campaign or group
- Schedule Settings for Restriction
- Share of Voice - Share of Impression
- Start/End Date
- Target ads by placement URL or referring URL
- Target ads by visitor city, group of cities or within a radius
- Target ads by visitor country
- Target ads by visitor language
- Target Keywords
- Visitor IP Address
- Wizard for setting up restrictions
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- Frequency Capping
"You can limit the maximum number of impressions that a visitor can see an ad within a period of time. ..."
- Can I have ads refresh automatically without a page reload?
"By default, an ad placement does not reload itself until the visitor refreshes the web page or goes to a ..."
- Gross Impression and Unique Impression
"An ad impression, also known as an ad view, is a single instance of a single advertisement appearance. One visitor ..."
- Floating Ad or Layer Ad
"Floating ad (also called layer ad or overlay ad) is a special type of ad that flows/slides into the main ..."in Ad Gallery
- Interstitial Ad
"An interstitial ad is full-page ad that appears before the destined webpage. It can be further classified as a prestitial ..."in Ad Gallery