Advice for a new websiteIf you have a new website and are new to online advertising, we offer some basic tips to earn advertising revenue to support your business. We recommend you to take a moment to read through our blog series on this topic:
- 10 Benefits of Using an Ad Server
- How to find advertisers for your website or blog?
- How much to charge for advertising on your website?
- Selling ad directly vs. selling through ad networks
All advertisers want quality traffic, not just a huge amount of traffic. Therefore, you want to have more website visitors and also more activities from these visitors. The website needs to offer something unique, useful, entertaining and value-added so that people keep coming back and even get more involved with it. This is imperative in order for your business to sustain itself and then grow.
Of equal importance is getting feedback from real clients. Your clients include visitors, members and advertisers. Ask you visitors, members and advertisers for their sincere opinions and constructive suggestions about your concept, your mission/vision and more specifically, the website itself.
Once the basics have been mastered, there are some more advanced things you can do to increase your advertising revenue. Placing your advertisements in optimal locations and making use of ad serving features such as advertisement targeting are a couple of ways of accomplishing such an increase. Take a look at the following blogs when you feel you have mastered some of the basic mentioned above:
- How to find more advertisers for your website
"Any website that relies on advertising revenue needs to consistently expand and renew its database of ads. A website that is phenomenally popular and has high quality traffic in a given niche can attract many advertisers without even trying. " More
- Why having your own advertisers is better than using ad networks?
"When it comes to having ads displayed on their pages, website owners have a couple of different options to choose from. They can either get the ads through an ad network or sell the advertising space directly. " More
- When should I start placing advertisements on my website?
"New website owners often struggle with the decision on the timing of their first ad placement. Although there is no definitive amount of time that you should wait before placing ads on your site, there are some important things you should consider. " More
- Should non-profit organizations spend money on online advertising?
- Advertising opportunities in public buildings
- What is ad serving?
- Five ideas for publishers to help their advertisers
- Privacy considerations with online advertising
- Pros and cons of having a dedicated landing page for each ad
- Why should you add video advertising to your website?
- Earn advertising money from your hobby site