New - Ad spending report for advertisers and ad agencies
As an advertising agency
, or an advertiser, you want to know how much you are spending on your media buy and how it is performing. The breakdown report described below will provide you with the metrics needed to make timely adjustments and maximize the campaign's ROI.
- Click on the main menu "Reports / Expense / Daily"
- Select a specific zone, ad, advertiser or your agency account (default)
- Choose a date range or use the default range ("Last 31 days")
- You will see the first tab "Total" and then additional tabs for the breakdown reports: Ad Expense, Zone Expense
The ad breakdown report helps you monitor the ad performance. If you have multiple ads in rotation within a zone, you can quickly see which ad provides the lowest cost per conversion (best bang for your advertising buck) and which ad should be changed to get a higher CTR or a higher conversion rate.
For an agency or an advertiser, a zone is a placement on a publishing partner that you buy advertising inventory from. The zone breakdown report can help you compare performance and cost between different sites and decide on budget allocation for each site and placement.
Example - Ad Spend with Conversion Data
- Name: Ad name or zone name
- Impressions: The number of unique impressions
- Clicks: The number of unique clicks
- CTR: The CTR rate for each ad or each zone
- Conversions: The number of conversions
- Conv. Rate: The conversion rate, calculated as the number of conversions divided by the number of unique clicks
- Cost Per Conv.: The cost per conversion, calculated as the ad expense divided by the number of conversions
- Expense: The ad spending of this ad/zone for this time period
Example - Daily Ad Expense Breakdown
- Ad Inventory Management
"As with any publisher, your goal is to maximize ad revenue stemming from all of your ad spaces on your website. To get there, you need to optimize your ad inventory. " More
- How much to charge for advertising on your website?
"Pricing your available advertising space is not an easy task since there is no standard pricing structure that can fit all websites. Each website, each blog, each content provider that uses advertising as their primary, or one of the sources of revenue, are different. " More
- Summary for 2006
"Happy Holidays 2006! A new year is coming and we thank you for your business in 2006 and look forward to deliver even more new features, more ad servers and more value to you in 2007. Our technical support response will be slower during this holiday season but we always have staff monitor the system performance 24/7/365 and make sure they operate smoothly. " More
- 10 Benefits of Using an Ad Server
"An ad server is designed to make it easy for websites to sell ads. These are 10 ways working with a good ad server can benefit your business: " More
- Why does an ad agency need an ad server?
"You might imagine that an ad agency would spend the majority of their time working with advertisers looking for a suitable platform for their marketing campaigns. For the most part, that is exactly what they do, but many agencies are using own ad server to make their tasks easier. " More