How to setup ads on my partner's websites?
If you display your ads on other websites and your ads have restrictions, you might want to consider a backup zone
in case none of your ads are available to display. Without a backup zone, an error message will be displayed. To avoid this error, you can:
- Turn this error message off with "noerror" setting in the serving code. The ad space will be blank instead of the error banner.
- However, a better setup would be displaying an ad from the backup ad zone instead of an error or blank space. This ad could be an in-house/default ad, or your partner's ad. They can give you a basic banner ad or an advanced ad tag from their ad rotator, which displays different ads. In this case, when your ads are restricted, the primary zone (your zone) will not have any available ads and our ad server will look into the fall-back zone (their zone) and display their ad(s).
- Create a fall-back zone and set it up as the secondary zone
- Create your partner's ad. This could be a default/in-house ad, or an advanced ad server tag that rotates their own ads. This ad should not have any restriction
- Link the ad to the fall-back zone
The reason you need to set up your partner's ad inside AdSpeed is
performance. If our ad server has to notify their ad server when there
is no available ad in real-time and for each impression, it would be
very slow and require a custom integration between the two ad servers.
- What is ad targeting?
"Ad targeting is the process of narrowing down the available ad pool from many ads to just one single ad to display. This process is done automatically by the ad server for every single ad request. " More
- How does geographical targeting work?
"Targeting ads by specific viewing locations can be very powerful. The ad is relevant to the viewers and the publisher can show more ads within the same ad placement. " More
- Ad targeting by content page and website category
"Each website has a different content layout and structure. However, they all share the same goal. " More
- Summary for 2006
"Happy Holidays 2006! A new year is coming and we thank you for your business in 2006 and look forward to deliver even more new features, more ad servers and more value to you in 2007. Our technical support response will be slower during this holiday season but we always have staff monitor the system performance 24/7/365 and make sure they operate smoothly. " More