Help Center Manage Your Account Technical
How do I perform A/B split testing for ad variations?To test different variations of the same ad, create new individual ads and link them to the same zone. You can compare their performance over time. For example, ad A1 and ad A2 both link to the same zone XYZ.
Control over Ad DeliveryThere are several ways to control the delivery of the ad variations depending on your ad setup and requirements. You can:
- add a quota restriction. For example: each ad sets at 1000 impressions/day, or
- add a Share-of-Impression/Share-of-Voice (SoV) restriction. For example: ad A1 and ad A2 link to group A. A1 has a 50% SoV of group A, A2 has a 50% SoV of group A. This means the two ads have an equal amount of impressions
For a more advanced scenario, if you don't want the same visitor sees both ad variations, you can apply Audience Session targeting. A visitor then can only see A1 OR A2, not both. For example: ad A1 (example ID #123) and A2 (example ID #456).
- Ad A1 #123 has this restriction: "viewed_ad!=456"
- Ad A2 #456 has this restriction: "viewed_ad!=123"
Auto Ad OptimizationIf you want our ad server to automatically give higher ad priority to better performing ad variant(s), you can turn on ad optimization for the ad(s). For example: ad variants with higher CTR or more clicks are displayed more often.
Other Articles in Technical
Solve technical issues while working within the ad server
- Do ad clicks have referrer information from my site?
- How do I clear the browser cache and cookie?
- How do I detect device orientation for iPhone/iPad?
- How do I optimize my website for faster loading time?
- How do I record page views and unique visitors?
- How do I remove spyware and malware from my computer?
- How do I setup a video ad with multiple bitrates?
- How to convert a date string to a unix timestamp and vice versa?
- Why do some icons/images look different in Internet Explorer?
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- Share of Voice - Share of Impression
"You can set an ad to maintain a certain percentage of daily impressions within a zone or a group. This ..."
- Audience Session Targeting
"You can retarget, or limit ad serving to, audience that meet certain conditions in their viewing session/history. This ad retargeting ..."
- Ad Weight
"Ad weight is an indicator of how often a particular ad should appear relatively to other ads in the same ..."
- Restrictions for an ad, zone, campaign or group
"Restrictions can be applied to any ad, zone, campaign or group to enforce a specific condition or target a specific ..."
- Frequency Capping
"You can limit the maximum number of impressions that a visitor can see an ad within a period of time. ..."