How do I remove spyware and malware from my computer?AdSpeed is an advertising service provider for online websites. Most of our clients are website owners who place ad banners on their own websites. It means you would see ads served by AdSpeed if you visit one of our client's websites. We do not make, sell, offer, or distribute any application that requires installation on your computer. Our service is only available online via a web browser.
If you suspect or experience some unusual behaviors with your computer, you should run a comprehensive security scan to make sure your computer is not infected. We have seen reports that some malicious spyware applications can replace regular ads on websites with their own ads. Also there are certain browser's add-ons and plugins that act as a partial ad blocker. The original ads are replaced with other contents (images, widgets, apps, or their own ads). Some of these plugins include: OverApps, Add-Art, PWS Toolbar.
Policy against Malware and Deceptive AdvertisingWe strongly believe there is a clear line between ethical and unethical advertising. If one of our clients uses AdSpeed to deliver ads in a spyware/adware application, that clearly violates our Terms of Service. We are strongly against all spyware and adware practices. We do our best to prevent these companies from using our service in the first place and we take every action promptly to protect your privacy and our own reputation.
Reporting AbusesPlease report these activities to us. If you send us the URL where you see any spyware ads served by AdSpeed, screen captures or any other details that can help us identify the violator, we will take proper actions promptly and personally update you with results.
Spyware Check and RemovalWe suggest the following sites and applications to check and remove spyware:
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Comodo Internet Security
- TrendMicro Online Virus/Spyware Scanner
- Symantec Security Check
- Spybot Search & Destroy
- Ad-Aware Personal
Spyware PreventionIt is very important to prevent spyware/adware from infecting your computer
- Install the latest software updates for your operating system: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X
- Update your anti-virus software and run a comprehensive scan regularly
- Install a personal firewall on all computers
- When seeing a Yes/No or any dialog box, read them carefully before proceeding. Many misleading ads are designed to be deceptive on purpose. You can also terminate the browser's running process using Task Manager or Force Quit
- Do not download software and email attachments that you don't know
- Routinely check and scan your computer for spyware, adware and other computer viruses
Other Articles in Technical
- Do ad clicks have referrer information from my site?
- How do I clear the browser cache and cookie?
- How do I detect device orientation for iPhone/iPad?
- How do I optimize my website for faster loading time?
- How do I perform A/B split testing for ad variations?
- How do I record page views and unique visitors?
- How do I setup a video ad with multiple bitrates?
- How to convert a date string to a unix timestamp and vice versa?
- Why do some icons/images look different in Internet Explorer?
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- Why don't ads show? What is the system status?
"If ads on your website suddenly stop showing, or are loading very slow, please read the following instructions. Test Ad ..."
- What are the effects of ad blocking software?
"Ad blocking software is designed to block ads served by many ad servers, including AdSpeed Ad Server. Therefore, we will ..."
- What are the differences between in-house solutions and AdSpeed?
"In-house solutions allow you to buy and download the ad management software. You must then install, run and maintain the ..."
- How does ad serving work?
"Let's consider this scenario: You are running a website Advertisers pay you to display ads on your website You want ..."
- Ad Server for Publishers
"As a publisher, you own and operate a website, blog, forum, or an app with available advertising spaces. Advertisers pay ..."