How do I record page views and unique visitors?You can create an ad and put its ad tag on all pages of your website. With this setup, the unique impression for this ad is the number of unique visitors within 24 hours for your website. The gross impression for this ad is the number of page views for your website. Also, this 1x1 pixel ad beacon can also be used for other tracking purposes. For example: How many times a specific page was viewed? How many times an email was opened?
Setup a Pixel Ad
- Click on the menu "Ads / Create a new Ad"
- Choose the standard image ad type since it will be a 1x1 GIF beacon/pixel
- For the Image URL, you can use this: 1x1.gif
- For the Click/Destination URL, you can enter your website URL or simply disable it
- Click Save and when you see the confirmation message, click to view its settings
- Click Ad Tag tab to get the ad serving code for this ad and paste into your web pages or the main template
Other Articles in Technical
Solve technical issues while working within the ad server
- Do ad clicks have referrer information from my site?
- How do I clear the browser cache and cookie?
- How do I detect device orientation for iPhone/iPad?
- How do I optimize my website for faster loading time?
- How do I perform A/B split testing for ad variations?
- How do I remove spyware and malware from my computer?
- How do I setup a video ad with multiple bitrates?
- How to convert a date string to a unix timestamp and vice versa?
- Why do some icons/images look different in Internet Explorer?
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- Gross Impression and Unique Impression
"An ad impression, also known as an ad view, is a single instance of a single advertisement appearance. One visitor ..."
- Third-Party Pixel URL
"For any banner image ad, Rich-Media/HTML, Flash ad, or VAST video ad, you can set a pixel URL for impression ..."
- Gross Click and Unique Click
"Similar to impressions, a raw/gross click is counted every time a visitor clicks on the ad. It includes duplications and ..."
- How can I track conversions?
"To track conversions, an advertiser needs to put a short piece of conversion tracking code (HTML code) generated by our ..."
- What is conversion tracking?
"Advertisers want to know the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns. It often takes many impressions/views to get a click. However, ..."