How do I troubleshoot "Permission denied" error for a Flash ad?The file crossdomain.xml is a special file that controls the cross-domain policy and permissions for Flash. Potential issues include permission errors and issues with cookie data. Example: In a setup with a missing crossdomain.xml, a frequency cap's cookie cannot be set by the a video VAST player. This allows the pre-roll video ad to be shown to the same viewer multiple times.
Permission IssueIf you are serving a Flash/SWF ad and get this error in the browser:
<cross-domain-policy> <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/> <allow-access-from domain="*" /> <allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*"/> </cross-domain-policy>If you prefer a more restrictive version that still allows AdSpeed ad servers specifically and not any wildcard domain:
<cross-domain-policy> <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/> <allow-access-from domain="g.adspeed.net" /> <allow-http-request-headers-from domain="g.adspeed.net" headers="*"/> </cross-domain-policy>
Other Articles in Problems with Ad Serving
Instructions to troubleshoot and correct issues with ad serving
- How do I see ad or page errors with the browser's Console tool?
- How do I troubleshoot "Invalid Ad Type" error?
- How do I troubleshoot "No Ad Found In Rotation" error?
- How do I troubleshoot "Restrictions Failed" error?
- How do I troubleshoot clickTAG issues for a Flash ad?
- How do I troubleshoot my ISP's nameservers?
- What are VAST error codes?
- What is "Click to activate and use this control" message on a Flash ad?
- What is "Object Expected" error in Internet Explorer?
- Where can I see a report of ad serving errors?
- Why does ad server deliver above the maximum impression limit?
- Why doesn't the status bar change?
- Why don't ads show? What is the system status?
- Why isn't one of my ads showing?
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- Setup your private brand
"With the private branding feature, you need to choose two sub-domains: One sub-domain for your advertisers, your users and you ..."
- Should I use protocol-relative URLs in ad tags?
"Ad tags can be placed in many areas of a website: some secure areas and some non-secure areas. However, non-secure ..."
- Private Branding / White Label
"A white label ad server uses your company's name, logo, text instead of displaying our version. It builds your brand ..."
"Documentation for API methods to manage your campaigns in our ad server. API Version1.4.0 (build 20210701). This page was updated ..."
- Site Report - Excluded Domains
"You can exclude specific domains from the Site Reports. At the end a domain report, you'll see a drop-down box ..."