How do I troubleshoot "Permission denied" error for a Flash ad?The file crossdomain.xml is a special file that controls the cross-domain policy and permissions for Flash. Potential issues include permission errors and issues with cookie data. Example: In a setup with a missing crossdomain.xml, a frequency cap's cookie cannot be set by the a video VAST player. This allows the pre-roll video ad to be shown to the same viewer multiple times.
Permission IssueIf you are serving a Flash/SWF ad and get this error in the browser:
<cross-domain-policy> <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/> <allow-access-from domain="*" /> <allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*"/> </cross-domain-policy>If you prefer a more restrictive version that still allows AdSpeed ad servers specifically and not any wildcard domain:
<cross-domain-policy> <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/> <allow-access-from domain="g.adspeed.net" /> <allow-http-request-headers-from domain="g.adspeed.net" headers="*"/> </cross-domain-policy>
Other Articles in Problems with Ad Serving
Instructions to troubleshoot and correct issues with ad serving
- How do I troubleshoot "Invalid Ad Type" error?
- How do I troubleshoot "No Ad Found In Rotation" error?
- How do I troubleshoot "Restrictions Failed" error?
- How do I troubleshoot clickTAG issues for a Flash ad?
- How do I troubleshoot my ISP's nameservers?
- What are VAST error codes?
- What is "Click to activate and use this control" message on a Flash ad?
- What is "Object Expected" error in Internet Explorer?
- Where can I see a report of ad serving errors?
- Why does ad server deliver above the maximum impression limit?
- Why doesn't the status bar change?
- Why don't ads show? What is the system status?
- Why isn't one of my ads showing?
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- Setup your private brand
"With the private branding feature, you need to choose two sub-domains: One sub-domain for your advertisers, your users and you ..."
- Private Branding / White Label
"A white label ad server uses your company's name, logo, text instead of displaying our version. It builds your brand ..."
- Where is the publisher-side file for iframe busting?
"If the publisher serves ads via an iframe-based invocation code, an expandable ad would not be able to "jump" out ..."
- Site Report - Excluded Domains
"You can exclude specific domains from the Site Reports. At the end a domain report, you'll see a drop-down box ..."
"Documentation for API methods to manage your campaigns in our ad server. API Version1.3.4 (build 20190202). This page was updated ..."