What are VAST error codes?VAST 3 supports error reporting with a specific code to assist troubleshooting. If the video player cannot handle, process, or play the VAST tag, it will report back to our video ad server with the specific error code. The event report will show the error code under "Custom Variable" tab. Here are the codes and their meanings:
|100||XML parsing error.|
|101||VAST schema validation error.|
|102||VAST version of response not supported.|
|200||Trafficking error. Video player received an ad type that it was not expecting and/or cannot display.|
|201||Video player expecting different linearity.|
|202||Video player expecting different duration.|
|203||Video player expecting different size.|
|300||General Wrapper error.|
|301||Timeout of VAST URI provided in Wrapper element, or of VAST URI provided in a subsequent Wrapper element. Includes request errors such as invalid URI, unreachable or request timeout for URI, and security or other exceptions related to requesting a VAST URI.|
|302||Wrapper limit reached, as defined by the video player. Too many Wrapper responses have been received with no InLine response.|
|303||No ads VAST response after one or more Wrappers. Also includes number of empty VAST responses from fallback.|
|400||General linear error. Video player is unable to display the linear ad.|
|401||File not found. Unable to find Linear/MediaFile from URI.|
|402||Timeout of MediaFile URI.|
|403||Could not find MediaFile that is supported by this video player, based on the attributes of the MediaFile element.|
|405||Problem displaying MediaFile.|
|500||General NonLinearAds error.|
|501||Unable to display NonLinear Ad because creative dimensions do not align with creative display area (i.e., creative dimension too large).|
|502||Unable to fetch NonLinearAds/NonLinear resource.|
|503||Could not find NonLinearresource with supported type.|
|600||General CompanionAds error.|
|601||Unable to display companion because creative dimensions do not fit within Companion display area (i.e., no available space).|
|602||Unable to display Required Companion.|
|603||Unable to fetch CompanionAds/Companion resource.|
|604||Could not find Companion resource with supported type.|
|901||General VPAID error.|
Reference: IAB VAST 3.0
Other Articles in Problems with Ad Serving
Instructions to troubleshoot and correct issues with ad serving
- How do I troubleshoot "Invalid Ad Type" error?
- How do I troubleshoot "No Ad Found In Rotation" error?
- How do I troubleshoot "Permission denied" error for a Flash ad?
- How do I troubleshoot "Restrictions Failed" error?
- How do I troubleshoot clickTAG issues for a Flash ad?
- How do I troubleshoot my ISP's nameservers?
- What is "Click to activate and use this control" message on a Flash ad?
- What is "Object Expected" error in Internet Explorer?
- Where can I see a report of ad serving errors?
- Why does ad server deliver above the maximum impression limit?
- Why doesn't the status bar change?
- Why don't ads show? What is the system status?
- Why isn't one of my ads showing?
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- How do I setup a companion ad in video ad serving?
"A Companion ad runs along with a video ad (pre-roll, mid-roll or post-roll) to provide a more integrated experience for ..."
- Video Ad Serving
"AdSpeed's Video Ad Server uses the IAB standard for video advertising known as VAST (Video Ad Serving Template) so video ..."
- How do I setup a video ad with multiple bitrates?
"If you have multiple version of a video ad with different bitrates or resolutions, you can set up these media ..."
- HTML5 Video Ad
"HTML5 introduces the new <video> tag that allows easy integration and display of videos, including video ads. This tag is ..."in Ad Gallery