How can I support click tracking for external ad servers?This feature is used when you send AdSpeed's ad tag to another ad server and the other ad server also wants to track clicks for this same ad.
Click MacroThe click macro to use in AdSpeed ad tag is r=[ExternalClickTrackerLink]
Placing Click Macro into Ad TagWhen generating the serving code for an ad or a zone, you can enter the click macro and the cache-buster macro into the "Custom Parameters" field. For example: if the cache-buster macro is "[RANDOM_NUMBER]" and the click macro is "[ENCODED_CLICK_REDIRECT]" then enter this into the "Custom Parameters":
How It WorksThis feature is reciprocal between ad servers and our system fully supports both sides. Here is the click flow:
- Overview: AdSpeed -> External Ad Server -> Destination URL
- When a visitor clicks on the ad, AdSpeed records this click first.
- AdSpeed passes to the external click tracker, which in turn, logs this click into their system.
- The external click tracker finally redirects visitor to the destination URL.
RequirementsThe external click tracker (from the other ad server) needs to redirect visitors to the given destination URL after processing the click event. For example:
http://advertserver.com/clicktracker?goto=http://macrophotos.netIt should redirect to http://macrophotos.net after recording this click.
<iframe src="http://g.adspeed.net/serv/...&r=http://advertserver.com/click?goto="> ... </iframe> or <script src="http://g.adspeed.net/serv/...&r=http://advertserver.com/click?goto="> </script>
Example - DoubleClickYou wants to serve a zone through DoubleClick's ad network. For DoubleClick to track clicks, they have a special parameter called "ad server macro" %%CLICK_URL_ESC%% (or %c in certain versions), which would be replaced upon serving by DoubleClick's click tracking link. When generating the ad serving code in AdSpeed, to allow DoubleClick to record clicks before redirect visitors to the destination link, you enter "&r=%%CLICK_URL_ESC%%" into the Custom Parameter field. Then, you can send this serving code to the website to enter into its DoubleClick/DFP ad server.
Technical SupportIf you have difficulties implementing this setup, please contact our staff with the external click tracking URL for further assistance.
Other Articles in Ad Tag
- Accelerated Mobile Pages Project - AMP Ad Tag
- Can I have ads refresh automatically without a page reload?
- How can I avoid duplicate ads on the same page?
- How can I combine multiple ads in the same placement?
- How can I defer ads until after the page has finished loading?
- How can I display an ad only when it is visible on screen?
- How can I mix ad dimensions or mix banners with text-link ads?
- How can I put ads into my blog/website?
- How can I serve multiple ad dimensions in the same place?
- How can I serve multiple zones with a single server request?
- How can I turn off ad serving error messages?
- How do I add current timestamp into the serving code?
- How do I display mobile ads using Android WebView?
- How do I integrate AdSpeed mobile ad serving API?
- How do I make ads responsive on mobile devices?
- How do I pass custom data and variables into the ad?
- How do I set up advertising on WordPress?
- How do I setup a companion ad in video ad serving?
- How do I setup a passback ad tag?
- Should I use protocol-relative URLs in ad tags?
- What are custom ad serving settings and variables?
- What are different formats of serving code?
- What are different types of ad tag?
- What are interstitial ads?
- What are the effects of ad blocking software?
- What is the pop-up and pop-under ad tag?
- What is the serving code or ad tag?
- What is WMODE for SWF ads? How can I change it?
- Where is the publisher-side file for iframe busting?
- Why doesn't the provided HTML serving code work?
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- How do I track clicks for HTML or Rich-Media ads?
"To track clicks for HTML ads, check "Automatically process RichMedia/HTML code to track clicks" below the HTML code box. This ..."
- Destination URL or Click URL
"The destination URL (also called "click URL", or "landing page URL"), is the website address that a visitor goes to ..."
- How can I create a Google AdSense ad?
"You can serve Google AdSense ads on your website via AdSpeed ad server. These are the instructions to create an ..."
- Click Tracking URL
"The click tracking URL is generated dynamically by our ad server for the purpose of tracking clicks. Our click tracker ..."