Click to a new or same windowThe HTML target attribute determines whether to open a link in a blank new window, the current window, or a user-defined window when the ad is clicked.
Priority as an Ad Setting or a Serving Code SettingYou can specify this target attribute both in the serving code and for each individual ad. If the ad has a target setting, this value has a higher priority than the target setting in the serving code. For example: the serving code sets _top but ad A sets _blank, _blank will be used. Otherwise (if ad does not specify any target), the target in the serving code will be used.
Possible ValuesThis HTML attribute has four predefined values (starts with an underscore and should be in all lower-case letters). You can also target your own custom window/frame by specifying its name.
- _blank - open in a new window
- _parent - open in the parent window
- _self - open in same window/frame, same as if you don't specify it
- _top - open in the topmost window/frame
- MyFrame - open in the custom frame named MyFrame
HTML ExampleIn the following HTML code, the click will open a new window:
<a href="https://www.adspeed.com/" target="_blank">Text Ad Link</a>
Other Articles in Banner, Richmedia, and Text Ads
Information about different ad formats, dimension, sizes, and specifications.
- Ad Dimension
- Ad Specifications
- Ad Types
- Ad Weight or Ad Priority
- Alternative Image/Media URL
- Click Tracking URL
- Destination URL or Click URL
- How can I convert a Flash ad into HTML5 for iPhone/iPad?
- How can I create a Google AdSense ad?
- How do I change the window title of my pop-up/pop-under ads?
- How do I mix image and text in an ad?
- How do I track click for Flash/SWF ads?
- How do I track clicks for HTML or Rich-Media ads?
- How do I track Flash/SWF ad with multiple clickTAGs?
- Image URL
- Rich-Media Ads
- Text alternative for banner ad images
- Third-Party Pixel URL
- Tutorial - Create a simple SWF with clickTAG tracking
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- How do I use AdSpeed Ad Server in Movable Type?
"If your site is powered by Movable Type, you will find our plugin for Movable Type easy to install and ..."
- What is WMODE for SWF ads? How can I change it?
"WMODE is the Window Mode setting for Flash/SWF ads. Possible values are "window", "opaque", "transparent". By default, AdSpeed Ad Server ..."
- How do I use AdSpeed Ad Server in Joomla?
"If your site is powered by Joomla, you will find our Joomla module easy to install and integrate to your ..."
- HTML5 Ad from a ZIP file
- Why doesn't the status bar change?
"This feature changes the browser's status bar to display a certain string when you move your mouse over an ad. ..."