GroupA group is a collection of ads. A group is an ad management entity that is different from a zone.
RelationshipA publisher may have multiple groups. A group may link to multiple ads. An ad may link to multiple groups.
ExampleA group named CookingAds includes all ads related to cooking and these ads can belong to different zones for serving purpose.
Enable/Disable feature GroupsSign into your account, follow menu My Account / Add-ons
Create a New GroupSign into your account, follow menu Groups / Create a New Group
View GroupsYou can view the list of groups from the main menu Groups / All. You can also view a tree that lists all groups as the first level nodes and its linked ads as the second level nodes.
Link Ad(s) to a Group
- Sign into your account, follow menu Groups / All
- Click on the Group name that you want to link ad(s)
- Click on All Ads tab, there will be two listings: the top is the ads being linked to this group, the bottom is the ads not yet linked to this group.
- Uncheck an ad in the top listing will remove it from the group
- Check an ad in the bottom listing will link it to this group
Smart GroupA smart group can automatically link to ads with certain attributes and conditions. Learn more
Apply Restrictions to a GroupRestrictions of a group are shared across all ads that link to this group.
- Sign into your publisher account, follow the menu Groups / All
- Click on the group's name
- Select the Restrictions tab and click on Add
Inherited Restriction ModeIf an ad is linked to multiple groups, restrictions of each group are evaluated one after another. Multiple group's restrictions can be combined with either AND or OR. The default mode is AND. You can change this mode under the "Advanced Settings" section of a group.
Append Custom CodeIf you have third-party tracking tag or other custom HTML code that you want to display together with the ads in this group during ad serving, you can enter the custom code into the text box titled "Append custom HTML when serving this group's ads". To enable this feature for your account, please contact us to turn it on for the group module and append
asgcode=1to the ad tag.
Other Articles in For Publishers
Instructions to begin using our ad management and ad serving solution
- Getting Started
- Relationships between ad entities
- Smart Group and Smart Zone
- Zone for Email Newsletter
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- Smart Group and Smart Zone
"A smart zone or group automatically links to ads with certain attributes. For example, you want to create a group/zone ..."
- Restrictions for an ad, zone, campaign or group
"Restrictions can be applied to any ad, zone, campaign or group to target a specific audience. For example: Ad "Test123" ..."
"An advertisement is a message served on publishing sites or apps and it can be in many different formats, including: ..."
"A channel is a collection of zones. For publishers or ad networks with many zones, it is better to group ..."
- How do I generate breakdown reports?
"When viewing a report for an entity, you have an option to drill down into more details. You can view ..."