Video Ad ServingAdSpeed's Video Ad Server uses the IAB standard for video advertising known as VAST (Video Ad Serving Template) so video ad serving can be used with any video player that supports VAST. You can find the list of several VAST-compliant video players at the end of this page.
PricingVideo ad serving is included in all of our Premium plans at no extra charge. All ad impressions are counted and priced the same way, whether it is a video ad, a banner ad, a text ad, or any other ad format we support. This makes AdSpeed a great platform for your video ad serving, management, and tracking needs.
Pre-roll, Mid-roll, Post-roll Video AdYou can create a linear video ad with a few simple steps.
- Create a new ad and choose the ad type to be "Video Ad - Pre/Mid/Post-Roll"
- Enter your video file URL and the click destination URL
- Once the ad is saved, click on "Ad Tag" tab for instructions and examples to integrate with your video player.
VAST WrapperOur video ad server can serve third-party video ads using a VAST wrapper. You simply choose "VAST Wrapper URL" as the video ad type and enter the provided third-party VAST link.
To maximize revenue, you can rotate multiple regular video ads together with third-party wrapper ads within a single video zone. Our video adserver will provide the primary VAST link that you can put into your video player. For this functionality to work, please make sure your video player supports VAST Wrapper (version 2+).
Custom XMLIf you have multiple video ads with different bitrates, streamrates and resolutions then you can load these files into the ad via the Custom XML option. Learn more
VPAIDOur video ad server supports VPAID. Instead of the regular video ad file, you would enter the URL of the VPAID-enabled SWF file.
Non-Linear Ad or Overlay AdA non-linear ad, or an overlay ad, displays near the bottom while the main video is playing. You can get the non-linear/overlay VAST URL for any image ad or for an image zone.
- Click on an ad name or a zone name
- Click on tab "Ad Tag"
- Click on tab "Video Overlay" to get the VAST URL to embed into your video player
Companion AdA Companion ad runs along with a video ad (pre-roll, mid-roll or post-roll) to provide a more integrated experience for viewers. Learn More
ReportingVideo events are recorded and reports are available from the menu "Reports/Event". Impressions and clicks are available in the Basics report. Progress tracking (start, first quartile, mid-point, third quartile, complete) and other user actions (pause, resume, full-screen, mute, unmute) are available from the Event reports. A gross count of ad requests can be enabled to compare played/viewed video ads and served ad requests.
Mixing Video Ads with Non-Video AdsIf you want to mix video ads together with image ads inside a standard banner placement, you can create a composite Rich-Media ad. This composite ad contains the embedded video player code with the VAST ad call. You can then link it to the same zone as other display ads. If you want a stand-alone video ad, you can create it as a Rich-Media ad. Learn more
Ad PodVAST 3.0 and newer supports running multiple ads in sequence within an ad break. You can:
- Get multiple ads from a zone. This example gets 2 ads from zone 12345:
- Get multiple ads from multiple zones. This example gets 2 ads from zone 12345 and one ad from zone 67890:
vastver=3&zids=12345x2-67890. Notice in this case, it is
- Enable ad buffet feature to allow the video player to display the result ads in any suitable order of its choice and not in the specified sequence. Example:
VAST-Compliant Video PlayerBelow are some video players that support VAST to display video ads.
Google AdSense Video AdIf you have a URL from Google AdSense for Video that is in Google-specific IMA format, you would need to use this VAST/VPAID adapter to make it into a VAST-compliant XML format.
Sample Video AdsBelow are some sample MP4 video ads for testing and troubleshooting:
- VAST error codes
- If you hear sound but no video for a MP4 file, please convert the codec/encoding to H.264
Other Articles in Ad Serving
- Ad Formats and Ad Dimensions
- Ad Optimization
- Ad Tag and Serving Code
- Ad Targeting
- Ad Tracking
- Competitive & Companion Positioning
- Default and Secondary Zone
- Email Ad Serving
- Mobile Ad Serving
- Native Ad Serving
- Priority in Serving Frequency
- Secure Ad Serving with SSL
- Text Link Ads
- Zone Targeting and Campaign Targeting
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- How do I setup a companion ad in video ad serving?
"A Companion ad runs along with a video ad (pre-roll, mid-roll or post-roll) to provide a more integrated experience for ..."
- HTML5 Video Ad
"HTML5 introduces the new <video> tag that allows easy integration and display of videos, including video ads. This tag is ..."in Ad Gallery
- What are VAST error codes?
"VAST 3.0 and newer supports error reporting with a specific code to assist troubleshooting. If the video player cannot handle, ..."
- How do I setup a video ad with multiple bitrates?
"If you have multiple version of a video ad with different bitrates or resolutions, you can set up these media ..."
- QuickTime and Windows Media Video Ad
"To create an advertisement using these media formats (.MOV and .WMV), please follow the steps below. On the other hand, ..."in Ad Gallery