VMAP Video Ad ServingVideo Multiple Ad Playlist, or VMAP, is an IAB industry standard that enables flexible and powerful scheduling for multiple VAST video ads. VMAP is delivered in XML format and it contains multiple ad breaks. Each ad break has a VAST ad source. Video players that support VMAP can read the template and play VAST video ads at the correct timeline of the main content video. With VMAP, you do not need to have control over the video player's configuration/settings or the video publisher. VMAP can control video ad serving from multiple VAST zones at different ad breaks throughout the main video content.
WizardTo generate the VMAP for your video zones, follow the menu "Tools / Wizards" and click on the link "Generate VMAP video ad tag for multiple zones". On the form, enter your zone IDs and time offsets. The wizard form will generate the VMAP URL for you to put into your VMAP-enabled video player. Some VMAP-supported video players include JWPlayer, Roku, Samsung and other Internet-ready/smart TVs.
Time OffsetThis setting represents the timing for each ad break and can be defined in one of these ways:
- Start: a pre-roll ad
- End: a post-roll ad
- Seconds: offset in seconds from the beginning of the main video to the placement of the ad break. Example: ad breaks at 30 seconds, 60 seconds and 90 seconds.
- Percentage: offset in percentage from the beginning of the main video to the placement of the ad break. Example: ad breaks at 20%, 50% and 80%.
- Position/Opportunity: when the timing of the main content or ad break is unknown, you can set the order of multiple ad breaks as first, second, third and so on. This is suitable for live streaming.
Other Articles in Ad Serving
Features of our ad server that display ads to your viewers, record ad metrics like impressions and clicks.
- Ad Formats and Ad Dimensions
- Ad Optimization
- Ad Tag and Serving Code
- Ad Targeting
- Ad Tracking
- Competitive & Companion Positioning
- Default and Secondary Zone
- Email Ad Serving
- Mobile Ad Serving
- Native Ad Serving
- Priority in Serving Frequency
- Secure Ad Serving with SSL
- Text Link Ads
- Video Ad Serving
- Zone Targeting and Campaign Targeting
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- Video Ad Serving
"AdSpeed's Video Ad Server uses the IAB standard for video advertising known as VAST (Video Ad Serving Template) so video ..."
- How do I setup a video ad with multiple bitrates?
"If you have multiple version of a video ad with different bitrates or resolutions, you can set up these media ..."
- How do I setup a companion ad in video ad serving?
"A companion ad runs along with a VAST video ad (pre-roll, mid-roll or post-roll) to provide a more integrated experience ..."
"Zone is ad placement. A zone consists of one or more ads. Zones display, serve, shuffle, cycle, randomize, and rotate ..."
- HTML5 Video Ad
"HTML5 introduces the new <video> tag that allows easy integration and display of videos, including video ads. This tag is ..."in Ad Gallery