Zone Targeting and Campaign TargetingIn additional to putting restrictions on any individual ad, you can put restrictions on any zone or campaign. Restrictions for ad, zone, and campaign are considered in that order. For example, the evaluation process for an example of ad A linked to zone Y,Z and Campaign C,D:
- Restrictions for ad A are evaluated first
- If this is in a zone serving code (choose ads from zone Y), the restrictions for zone Y will be evaluated next
- If this is the direct serving code only for ad A, no zone restriction will be considered
- Last, the system will evaluate all parent campaigns for ad A, meaning restrictions for campaign C and D will be evaluated
- At any step the evaluation fails, the system will skip this ad and look at another ad in the rotation
Examples for zone/campaign restrictions
- Campaign ABC has a maximum limit of 10,000 impressions per month sharing between several linked ads
- Zone XYZ targets Mac users, i.e. visitors using the operating system "Mac OS", so that you don't need to put the same restriction for each ad linked to this zone
View all RestrictionsFor a convenient view that lists all common restrictions and targeting criteria, you can access the summary page from the main menu "Tools / Targeting Summary"
Other Articles in Ad Serving
Features of our ad server that display ads to your viewers, record ad metrics like impressions and clicks.
- Ad Formats and Ad Dimensions
- Ad Optimization
- Ad Tag and Serving Code
- Ad Targeting
- Ad Tracking
- Competitive & Companion Positioning
- Default and Secondary Zone
- Email Ad Serving
- Mobile Ad Serving
- Native Ad Serving
- Priority in Serving Frequency
- Secure Ad Serving with SSL
- Text Link Ads
- Video Ad Serving
- VMAP Video Ad Serving
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- Restrictions for an ad, zone, campaign or group
"Restrictions can be applied to any ad, zone, campaign or group to target a specific audience. For example: Ad "Test123" ..."
- How do I troubleshoot "Restrictions Failed" error?
"This error message is displayed when one or more restrictions (targeting criteria) for an ad, zone, or campaign have failed ..."
- How do I compare between total and breakdown reports?
"The numbers in a breakdown report can be different from the numbers under the Total tab for several reasons: Breakdown ..."
- Inventory Forecasting
"Using historical data, our system forecasts the number of future impressions and clicks. The estimated values are available for the ..."
- Share of Voice - Share of Impression
"You can set an ad to maintain a certain percentage of daily impressions within a zone or a group. This ..."